Off Piste . On Course is part of MGG’s commitment to sustainability and helping others by:
- reducing waste by giving used clothing a second life; and
- helping those in need of warm clothing in remote and vulnerable, high-altitude regions around the world.
Through our focus on sustainability, ethical business practices and philanthropic action, we’d like to inspire more sustainable processes and behaviours, and foster more respect and responsibility for the mountains, the environment, and the products that our customers purchase.
OUR GIVE BACK INITIATIVE
Off Piste . On Course works like this:
When you’ve had enough wear out of your old gear, simply follow the instructions below. We’ll then send your old gear on to a charity operating in cold, high-altitude climates, such as the Himalayas or the Andes, where people less fortunate than ourselves are in need of warm clothing.
What’s more, if you want us to, we’ll tell you where your old gear has been sent to when it’s on its way!
We’d love you to make the most of our give back initiative, so please spread the word, give your old gear a new lease of life, and help another human in the process.
Please note that right now, Off Piste . On Course is available in the EU ONLY.
OUR PARTNER CHARITIES
We work with a selection of charitable organisations which can ensure that your old gear reaches those who really need it. These charities support people who live and work in remote, cold, high-altitude climates, such as the Sherpa people of Nepal and the Himalayas. All donations are very gratefully received, however small, and the charities and the people that they assist are immensely appreciative for everything that we’re able to send them.
HOW TO DONATE YOUR OLD GEAR
- EITHER drop off your old gear at our Verbier store OR fill out the form below as accurately as you can and click ‘SUBMIT’. We require your email address so as to be able to send your shipping label to you, but we promise that we will not use your email address for any other purpose, nor will we add you to the MGG newsletter unless you’ve explicitly requested that we do so elsewhere. If you’d like to be notified in due course about where your old gear has been sent to (please be aware that this may be up to 12 months after you send it to us), then please tick the relevant box. Please note that right now, Off Piste . On Course is available in the EU ONLY.
- Following submission, we’ll then process your request, and ensure that a shipping label is sent to the email address that you’ve provided. Please be aware that this process is not currently automated and a real human will process your request, so there may be a delay of up to 14 days before you receive your shipping label. Please remember to check your junk folder too.
- Once you’ve received your shipping label, carefully package up your old gear (using either an old MGG box, or your own packaging - it doesn’t matter which), print off and firmly affix the shipping label to the package, and follow the instructions in the email to ship the package to our warehouse.
- Lastly, at the end of the relevant period (about every 6 to 12 months), we’ll work with a suitable charity operating in cold, high-altitude climates to ensure that all the old gear that we’ve received is shipped to that particular charity.